But if you just want a fun and tasty cake for a Halloween party, there are several recipes here that fit the bill. All of these cakes are easy to make, and all would work for Halloween parties at home or at school as well as Halloween birthday parties.
Don't Miss: Halloween Cupcake Ideas and Pictures
- Halloween Graveyard Cake Recipe - You can make this graveyard cake as cute or as spooky as you like. Just change the type of decorating candy you use. For a cute cake, use candy pumpkins and candy corn. For a spookier cake, use chocolate spiders, gummy body parts, etc.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe - A cake mix makes quick work of this pumpkin cake. But your family and friends will never know how easy this cake is to make if you don't tell them. It really has a wonderful homemade flavor. And the chocolate chips are the perfect partner for the pumpkin.
- Kitty Litter Cake Recipe - This is one of the most disgusting looking Halloween cakes on this list, but also one of the most popular (and it tastes pretty good, too), especially among tweens and teens. They just seem to delight in the gross factor. To make this cake even more disgusting, serve it in a clean (never used, please!) kitty litter box with a clean kitty litter scoop. Can you say ick?
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe - This is one of those cakes that works as well for breakfast as it does for dessert. The crunchy streusel filling makes this cake a real standout.
- Dirt Cake Recipe - This dirt cake is very similar to the popular dirt dessert cups kids often make in pre-school or kindergarten. Made with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, instant chocolate pudding, cream cheese and frozen whipped topping, it's a treat that always appeals to the kids. The worms on top really enhance the gross factor and make this a perfect cake to serve for Halloween.
- Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Swirl - This recipe proves you don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen or use a lot of fancy ingredients to make a wonderful cake. This cake starts with a cake mix, to which cinnamon chips and pumpkin puree are added. The cake is then swirled with chocolate and topped with an orange glaze. It's a truly spectacular flavor combination and works wonderfully for a black and orange-themed Halloween party.
Don't Miss: Halloween Treats for School Parties
Don't Miss: Black and Orange Halloween Party Food Recipes