Kids are always excited to find new ways to enjoy rice crispy treats. These Halloween bat Rice Krispies treats make a fun Halloween cooking activity to enjoy with the kids or just a welcome treat for a kids' Halloween party. Make sure to coat the cookie cutters well with cooking spray - it makes it much easier to get the shape you want.
Don't Miss: Rice Crispy Treats Recipes for All Occasions
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal or Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- canned frosting or decorating gel
- assorted candies
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows, and stir until they are completely melted. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir the Rice Krispies cereal into the marshmallow mixture until well coated. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Let the Rice Krispies treats cool slightly. Using a bat cookie cutter (compare prices) that has been coated with cooking spray, cut the treats into bat shapes. Use the frosting and candies to make bat eyes and fangs.
In microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows on high for three minutes, stirring after two minutes. Now stir the mixture until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Remember, microwave cooking times will vary, depending on the type and wattage microwave oven you have.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place the treats in layers, separated by wax paper, in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let the Rice Krispies treats stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Don't Miss: Halloween Rice Crispy Treats