These Halloween Rice Krispie treats make a fun cooking activity to do with the kids at Halloween parties or just a fun Halloween party food. You don't need special cookie cutters or molds to make these ghostly Rice Krispies treats.
Don't Miss: Rice Crispy Treats Recipes for All Occasions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 Ghost Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. package (about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- flaked coconut
- canned frosting or decorating gel
- 36 M&Ms chocolate candies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well-coated.
- Spray a 1/2 cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Use the measuring cup to divide the warm cereal into 12 portions. Smooth butter over your hands, and shape each portion into a ghost shape. Cool. Decorate the bottoms with coconut.
- Use frosting to attach the chocolate candies to the Rice Krispie treats to make the ghost's eyes and mouth. These Rice Krispies treats are best if served the day they are made.
- Tips for Ghost Rice Krispie Treats:
- 1 7 oz. jar of marshmallow cream can be substituted for the marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store these Rice Krispies treats no more than two days at room temperature in an airtight container.