This Halloween Rice Krispie treat recipe makes the perfect Halloween treat for kids or anyone who enjoys playing with their food! The best part is you don't need any special cookie cutters or molds to make this cute Halloween Rice Krispie treat recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz. package (about 40) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 6 pretzel rod sticks, broken in half or 12 wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- multi-colored sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well-coated.
- Spray a 1/2-cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Use that to divide the warm mixture into 12 equal portions. Smear butter on your hands. Use buttered hands to form each portion into a ball. Push one pretzel piece or wooden ice cream stick into each ball. Cool completely.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Dip the tops of the cooled Rice Krispie treat balls into the melted chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 7 oz. jar of marshmallow cream can be substituted for the marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature. To freeze, place these Halloween Rice Krispies treats in a single layer on wax paper in an airtight container. Freeze for up to six weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Don't Miss: Halloween Recipes for Kids