Recipe from California Raisins. Reprinted with permission.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup almond or peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-3/4 cups brown crispy rice cereal
- 1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- thin black licorice strips cut into 96 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 24 miniature M&Ms
- Line a baking sheet with foil or waxed paper.
- Place raisins, almond or peanut butter, honey and cocoa powder in a food processor and process until a thick paste forms. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cereal, using your hands to mix in completely.
- Form mixture into 12 balls, then press lightly onto prepared baking sheet. Spread a small amount of melted chocolate on the bottom of each crispy rice ball, and slide 8 small pieces of licorice under each to form the spider legs; refrigerate until firm.
- Stir a few drops of water into powdered sugar to make a thick mixture to “glue” eyes onto spiders.