Don't Miss: Halloween Snacks the Kids Will Love
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- orange colored sugar
- chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift together remaining ingredients. On low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture until incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough 1 hour.
- Pour colored sugar into a shallow dish. Pour chocolate sprinkles into a separate dish.
- Scoop dough by the tablespoonful. Form into balls. Dip one side of each ball into orange sugar, then chocolate sprinkles. Set on prepared cookie sheets, sugared side up, and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake 8-12 minutes until golden on the bottom.
- Cool on cookie sheets.