Don't Miss: Gross Recipes for Halloween
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 12-16 servings
- 1 German chocolate cake mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- 1 white cake mix plus ingredients to make the cake
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies
- green food coloring
- 1 new kitty litter box (optional)
- 1 new kitty litter liner (optional)
- 1 new kitty litter scoop
- 3 to 6 Tootsie Rolls
- Prepare each cake according to package directions. Bake in whatever pans are convenient for you.
- Let cakes cool. Meanwhile, prepare pudding according to package directions. Refrigerate.
- Place sandwich cookies in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until crushed.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs. Mix with a few drops of the green food coloring. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, crumble the cake mixes and half of the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs. Stir in just enough vanilla pudding to moisten. You may not use all of the pudding.
- If using a kitty litter box (make sure it is new!), line it with the new kitty litter liner. Pour the cake mixture into the kitty litter box or another large serving pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining sandwich cookie crumbs evenly over the cake mixture. Sprinkle the green colored sandwich cookie crumbs over top.
- Place unwrapped Tootsie Rolls on a microwave-safe plate. Heat on high for 10-20 seconds, just until soft enough to bend. Unwrap, and shape Tootsie rolls so that the ends are slightly curved. Scatter on the kitty litter cake.
Don't Miss: Halloween Recipes for Kids