Pumpkin Cookies RecipeThese pumpkin cookies will put you in the mood for the fall holidays. these pumpkin cookies make an excellent Thanksgiving dessert or Halloween party food.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the Orange Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Beat in flour mixture on low speed.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake 15-20 minutes on the center rack.
- Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Prepare glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and orange juice until it reaches a thick, but easy-to-drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
Pumpkin RecipesChocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Pumpkin Scones Recipe
Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies