Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats RecipeThese Halloween rice crispy treats make a festive addition to a kids' Halloween party. Use a metal pumpkin cookie cutter to shape these Halloween treats. It makes cutting through the rice crispy treats so much easier than plastic cookie cutters.
Don't Miss: Halloween Cakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10-16 servings
- 11 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- orange frosting
- green icing
- black gel icing
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large (3- to 5-quart) saucepan, heat chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and marshmallows.
- Pour into prepared pan, pressing down with the back of a spatula, coated with cooking spray, to smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Use a pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out pumpkin shapes in the rice crispy treats.
- Frost the round part of the pumpkin with the orange icing. Frost the stem with the green icing.
- Draw a face on the pumpkin with the black gel icing.
Don't Miss: Ghost Halloween Rice Krispie Treats