Chocolate Zucchini BrowniesThese zucchini brownies are everything a good brownie recipe should be: moist and chewy, with crisp corners and a fudgy chocolate brownie interior. This recipe does not have any eggs, so the brownie batter might seem dry. Not to worry. As the brownies bake, they become perfectly moist and fudgy. If you didn't know there was zucchini in this brownies recipe, you wouldn't taste it.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe with Coconut
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 9 zucchini brownies
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat melted butter, sugar and vanilla together until smooth. Dump flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt on top of wet ingredients. Mix on low. Stir in shredded zucchini and walnuts. Note: Batter may seem dry. Not to worry. This is what makes these brownies taste fudgy.
- Spread the brownie batter into prepared pan. Bake 23-28 minutes until the top of the brownies are firm and springy when pressed with your fingertips. Spread the chocolate chips over zucchini brownies. Return to the oven and bake 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from oven, and, with a knife, immediately spread melted chocolate chips over the brownies, so it forms a glaze. Let the brownies cool completely. Cut into squares.
Don't Miss: 19 Must-Try Zucchini Recipes