Don't Miss: 17 Creative Oatmeal Topping Ideas
Oatmeal Breakfast RecipesThere's no better way to start the day than with a hearty bowl of oatmeal. But these recipes go way beyond the standard breakfast porridge.
- Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe - Steel cut oatmeal, also sometimes called Irish oatmeal or Scottish oatmeal, is a bit chunkier and rougher in texture than those packets of instant oatmeal that you may be used to. It has to cook a bit longer, but that's what makes this recipe perfect for the Crockpot. I dump everything in the slow cooker at night and wake up to a hearty, hot bowl of healthy oatmeal in the morning.
- Oatmeal Pancakes - These pancakes are a hearty and wholesome way to start the day. Top with maple syrup and toasted walnuts.
- Maple Oatmeal Scones Recipe - Oatmeal adds texture to this sweet scones recipe, which is a take on the famous Starbucks maple oat scones.
- Baked Oatmeal Souffle - This version of baked oatmeal is a bit different from the typical dense and chewy baked oatmeal recipes that are more like oatmeal cookie bars. This is a true souffle, light and airy, and it is a great way to get kids to eat oatmeal.
- Oatmeal with Bananas, Walnuts and Cranberries - Want to know how to make a basic, yet delicious, oatmeal for breakfast? This is your recipe. It will take all of 10 minutes to prepare from start to finish and the kids will love it.
Meatloaf Recipes Using OatmealOatmeal makes a fantastic binder for meatloaf. Here are some of my favorite meatloaf recipes that use oatmeal:
- Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe - Not only is this meatloaf a great recipe for busy families because you can make it hours in advance, but it's also one of the healthiest, using lean ground beef and ground turkey.
- BBQ Meatloaf Recipe - A sweet barbecue sauce glaze tops this kid-friendly meatloaf recipe.
- Simple Meatloaf Recipe - This basic meatloaf recipe is made with a mix of different ground meats, plus carrots, celery, onions and bell peppers for flavor, nutrition and color
Dessert Recipes with Oatmeal
- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies Recipe - These oatmeal cookies get their soft texture from honey in the batter. They make an excellent after-school snack. To store these cookies, put them in an airtight container with a piece of bread.
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cake Recipe - This rich chocolate cake is topped with a broiled coconut, walnuts and chocolate chips topping that is just amazing.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe - When you cream the butter and sugar together for a good 4-5 minutes using the electric mixer, you will get the softest, chewiest, melt-in-your-mouth oatmeal raisin cookies around. That's exactly what this recipe is.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are always a good idea in my book, and this recipe is one of my favorites.
- Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Recipe - Chocolate and oatmeal go so well together - the rough and hearty texture of the oatmeal cuts the richness of the chocolate. And these cookies, which start with a brownie mix, are a perfect way to enjoy the combination.