Bulgur Wheat Recipe
This bulgur wheat salad is one of those bulgur wheat recipes you'll find yourself making again and again because it's so easy. In fact, bulgur wheat is one of the tastiest, healthiest and quickest-cooking grains around.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely-chopped
- 1 small poblano pepper (or green or red bell pepper), diced
- 1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Salad Dressing
- 3 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook bulgur wheat with salt according to package directions. The length of cooking time will depend on the type of bulgur wheat you buy. Fine grind, or #1 bulgur wheat, just needs a quick soak, but medium (#2 grind) or coarse (#3 grind) bulgur wheat needs to be cooked longer (still no more than 15 minutes). Fluff bulgur wheat with a fork and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Add remaining salad ingredients. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings. Pour over bulgur wheat salad and toss well.