This healthy popcorn recipe tastes like cheese popcorn, but it's made without cheese. This popcorn gets its great cheese flavor and its boost in nutritional value from nutritional yeast, also sometimes called food yeast.
Nutritional yeast, which is available at health food stores, such as Whole Foods Market, is not the same as active dry yeast or brewer's yeast. It is yeast that has been pasteurized and dried. The best part is it is full of B vitamins and amino acids, and it has a wonderful cheese flavor that makes this popcorn taste positively decadent!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-8 servings
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn or stovetop popcorn popped in a Whirley Pop Popcorn Maker
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- kosher salt or Maldon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (compare prices)
- Place air-popped popcorn in a large bowl. Drizzle butter over top. Toss the popcorn with your hands or a large spoon to coat it well with the butter. Add salt, taste, and add more salt if necessary.
- Sprinkle on nutritional yeast and toss well.
Don't Miss: Cinnamon Popcorn Recipe with White Chocolate