Guacamole DipGuacamole takes on a whole new meaning when you make this fun Halloween recipe for "Monster Brains." Kids just love the gross factor. And this Halloween recipe is a great way to introduce guacamole to kids who've never tried it before.
If you're short on time, look for ripe avocados. They will be dark green or brown, and soft (they'll yield to gentle pressure). If you have a few days, you can buy unripened avocados. Just leave them on the counter for a few days, and they will ripen on their own.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (use the kind from the jar)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro
To pit the avocado, cut into the fruit lengthwise with your knife until you reach the pit. Keeping the knife still, turn the avocado with your free hand so that the knife goes all the way around the pit. Put the knife down and twist the avocado halves in opposite directions. The avocado will easily open. Scoop out the pit with a spoon.
- Using a spoon, scrape out the avocado flesh and place in a small bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Sprinkle with lime juice. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Serve immediately with ghostly homemade tortilla chips.