Hot chocolate on a stick? Oh yes! This simple recipe can be eaten as is, in which case the chocolate tastes like fudge. Or you can dunk and stir these hot chocolate sticks into warm milk. The chocolate melts slowly and turns the milk into hot chocolate. The mini marshmallows are the perfect topper for these sweet hot chocolate sticks.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Setting time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours, 12 minutes
Yield: 36 servings
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 11.5 oz. bags semisweet chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with aluminum foil.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, heat the cream and condensed milk on high for 60 seconds.
- Mix the chocolate, and stir. Allow the chocolate to melt for a minute, and stir again. If the chocolate has not all melted, return to the microwave and heat on medium for 60 seconds. Remove, and stir. Repeat if required.
- Use a spoon or whisk to mix until the chocolate mixture is thick and shiny.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the mini marshmallows. Press down the marshmallows gently, and allow the pan to set overnight at room temperature.
- Once set, turn out onto a clean cutting surface, and carefully remove the foil. Slice into 1-1/4" cubes (or whatever size you desire for serving), using a knife that has been heated in hot water and wiped dry before each cut. Stick a wooden stick into the center of each block. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- To use, heat 1 cup of milk for each square, pour into a mug, and stir the hot chocolate stick into the milk until melted. Assist small children with this, and allow the milk to cool a bit before they attempt to drink it.
Don't Miss: Fun Food for Kids