I recommend horseradish mustard for this recipe. It sounds like it would be too spicy for the kids, but it's such a small amount, it just lends a background zippiness to this casserole. Use your own judgement. If your kids really prefer bland foods, use the yellow mustard instead.
Don't Miss: Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 14-16 oz. cans baked beans
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 Tbsp. yellow or horseradish mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 16 oz. package frozen sweet potato or regular tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baked beans in a 1-quarter casserole dish. Slice the hot dogs into 1/2-inch pieces and place on top of the baked beans. Add the mustard, and stir.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the hot dog mixture. Top with the tater tots in a single layer.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tater tots are cooked all the way through.
See also: Microwave Chili Dogs Recipe