Just remember: The better the ingredients, the better your grilled cheese sandwich will be. Try to use fresh sourdough, Italian or French bread. Good-quality cheese makes a big difference, too. If you grate the cheese yourself, it's even better.
Don't Miss: Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich Ever
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 slices good-quality sourdough, Italian or French bread
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- Spray a George Foreman grill or heavy skillet with nonstick cooking spray and preheat.
- While your grill or skillet is heating, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay two slices of bread, butter side down, on a cutting board.
- Top each slice of bread with half of the grated cheese.
- Top the sandwiches with the remaining two slices of bread, butter side facing up.
- Transfer the sandwiches to the prepared indoor grill or skillet. Cook 1-3 minutes until golden brown. If using a skillet, flip and cook another 1-3 minutes until golden on the other side.
- Let cool 2 minutes, then cut in half, and serve immediately.