This tuna macaroni salad can be made with elbow macaroni, farfalle or any short pasta. I like to make this recipe for lunches, but it also makes a great picnic or potluck recipe. Use oil-packed tuna for this pasta salad, as the oil is necessary to give the dressing the proper consistency.
Don't Miss: BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni or other short pasta
- 6 oz. or 7 oz. can oil-packed tuna fish (do not drain)
- 2 Tbsp. finely-chopped red onion
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely-chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- To the pasta, add tuna (with oil), red onion and carrots.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Taste, and adjust seasonings. Toss dressing with tuna and macaroni to make a salad.
Refrigerate tuna macaroni salad until ready to serve.