All of the quantities for the ingredients in this recipe are pretty much open to interpretation. If you like a lot of bacon, feel free to use 6, 8 or even 10 slices. And if you want more tomato flavor, top with halved grape tomatoes. Finally, you don't need to stick to corkscrew pasta for this recipe. Feel free to use any short pasta, such as macaroni, cavatappi, bow-ties or even penne.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 8 oz. corkscrew pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups thinly-sliced lettuce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup canned tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. sugar
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Crumble over the pasta. Add the lettuce to the bowl.
- Make the dressing: Whisk the mayonnaise, drained tomatoes, green onions, sugar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour over the pasta mixture. Toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
See also: Italian Pasta Salad Recipe