Ice Cream Sandwich Cake RecipeThis ice cream sandwich cake is terrific for Mother's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, or any summer picnic or party. Kids can make this ice cream sandwich cake all by themselves. I like to use a combination of regular and strawberry ice cream sandwiches for this easy, no-cook ice cream sandwich cake.
Check out the ice cream sandwich cake video recipe, to see how it's done.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24-36 servings
- 20 ice cream sandwiches (regular, strawberry or neopolitan)
- 1 12 oz. jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- red, white and blue sprinkles
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole ice cream sandwich and one half of an ice cream sandwich side by side across the short end of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Next to those ice cream sandwiches, arrange 8 more ice cream sandwiches lengthwise, to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place hot fudge sauce in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Spread half of the sauce over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers: ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge sauce and whipped topping. Scatter sprinkles over top.
- Freeze, uncovered 2 hours. Cover with foil and freeze another hour.
Don't Miss: Ice Cream Recipes and Frozen Desserts