Bran Carrot Muffins
These bran carrot muffins are healthy bites of pure yumminess. I like to make these bran muffins in a mini muffin tin, but you can also use a regular muffin tin. Serve these bran muffins for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack.
- 1-1/4 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3/4 cup finely-shredded carrots
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a regular or mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Pour bran cereal into a large mixing bowl. Add milk, and let sit for 3 minutes. Add carrots, oil, egg and brown sugar to cereal mixture, mixing well.
- Dump flour, baking soda and salt on top of cereal mixture. Mix until combined (you should see no flour bits), but do not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins three-quarters of the way full. Bake 9-12 minutes if using a mini muffin tin, 15-20 minutes for a regular muffin tin.
Makes 12 regular sized bran muffins or 36 mini bran muffins.