Lemon Cranberry Muffins Recipe
These cranberry muffins get a burst of fresh flavor from lemon zest and lemon juice. Sweet chocolate chips are the perfect partner for tart cranberries and zesty lemon juice in this fresh cranberry muffins recipe.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a mini or regular-sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Chop cranberries. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and 1 cup of the sugar. Stir.
- Add eggs, oil and milk. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt together. Fold into cranberry mixture until the dry ingredients are well-incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins three-quarters of the way full. Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of sugar over muffin tops.
- Bake 18-22 minutes if using regular muffin tins, 10-14 minutes for mini muffin tins, until cranberry muffins are light golden brown.
Makes 12 large or 24 mini cranberry muffins.