Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
These orange muffins are bursting with mandarin oranges and chocolate chips. These orange muffins get added fiber and nutrition from oat bran. Serve these orange muffins with sunrise smoothies
for a refreshing, healthy start to your day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup canned mandarin oranges with 3 Tbsp. juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Dump mandarin oranges and juice into a large mixing bowl. With two knives, cut oranges into 1/2-inch chunks. Add sour cream, egg and oil. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups three-quarters full. Bake 28-35 minutes, until golden browned.