Recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
These pumpkin muffins have an extra touch of sweetness from mini chocolate chips. You can make these pumpkin muffins in regular-sized muffin tins or mini muffin tins. My kids seem to think all muffins taste better in mini muffin tins, and the mini size seems to be the perfect snack size for these pumpkin muffins.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. mace
- 1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a regular or mini muffin tin or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and mace.
- In a small bowl, beat brown sugar, egg, pumpkin puree, milk and oil together until smooth. Pour into flour mixture, stirring until just moistened. You don't want to see any patches of flour, but you don't want to overmix either (that makes the muffins tough -- see Tips for Baking Muffins).
- Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon pumpkin muffin batter into prepared muffin tins until the tins are about three-quarters of the way full.
- If using regular muffin tins, bake 20-22 minutes. If using mini muffin tins, bake pumpkin muffins 12-16 minutes.
Makes 12 regular pumpkin muffins or 36 mini pumpkin muffins.