Raspberry Yogurt Muffins with Chocolate Chips
These raspberry muffins make a wonderful brunch recipe for Christmas, New Year's, Easter or Mother's Day. Yogurt in the batter makes these raspberry muffins tender. Chocolate chips add sweetness to these muffins, and a streusel topping makes these muffins even more special.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 raspberry muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen raspberries + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Streusel Topping:
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking powder and salt together. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt and lemon zest. Stir wet ingredients into dry, combining until incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Toss raspberries with the 2 Tbsp. of flour. Fold into muffin batter. Fold chocolate chips into raspberry muffin batter.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way with muffin batter. For streusel topping, stir together flour and sugar. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over muffins. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.