Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins
Rocky road muffins are basically chocolate muffins with marshmallows and nuts on top. But these rocky road muffins are even better, because they're healthy -- well, sort of. Oat bran in the batter adds fiber to these tasty chocolate rocky road muffins.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups oat bran
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray or line with paper muffin cup liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oat brown, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk, oil and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir until well-incorporated, but do not overmix. Stir in chocolate chips and half of the walnuts.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins, filling halfway. Bake 10 minutes. Press a few mini marshmallows into the top of each chocolate muffin. Top with remaining walnuts. Bake another 2-5 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the chocolate part of the muffins comes out clean.
Makes 24 rocky road muffins.