See also: Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large ripe banana, cut in half
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat a non-stick electric skillet (compare prices) to 325 degrees. Alternatively, head a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together baking mix, eggs and milk until smooth, but don't over-beat.
- Mash half of the banana and whisk into the pancake batter. Slice the other half of banana and set aside. Stir the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Heat the butter in the skillet. If your skillet is nonstick, this is optional. You can add the butter for flavor, but it's not necessary. Dollop the pancake batter onto the skillet with a ladle or one-third-cup measuring cup, leaving some space around each pancake. Cook 2-4 minutes until little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, and the edges start to set. Lift the pancakes with a spatula to see if they are golden brown on the bottom. Flip the pancakes over, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
Don't Miss: Pancakes for All Occasions