If you like this recipe, check out my other Pancake Recipes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- Dutch Pancake Batter:
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Sweetened Cream Cheese Topping:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Blueberry Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the butter in a 9- or 10-inch pie plate. Place the pie plate in the oven to warm the butter as the oven preheats. Don't let the butter burn. Check it after 3-4 minutes. Remove the pie plate from the oven and set aside.
- Place the milk, flour, eggs and sugar in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour the batter over the melted butter in the pie plate. Bake on the center rack of the oven 20-25 minutes until the dutch pancake becomes puffy.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the ingredients for the sweetened cream cheese. Set aside.
- Make the blueberry sauce: Place the blueberries, orange juice, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken. Remove from the heat.
- To serve: Spread the sweetened cream cheese over the dutch baby pancake. (Don't worry if the pancake deflates after it comes out of the oven. This is typical.) Top with the blueberry sauce, or serve both toppings on the side, so people can help themselves.