Recipe for Chocolate Chip PancakesThese chocolate chip pancakes are the ones my kids request most, especially when they have friends sleeping over. I like to make my pancakes on an electric skillet (compare prices), because it maintains a constant temperature that ensures even cooking.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seltzer water
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat an electric skillet or griddle to 375 degrees F., or heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in egg, seltzer water and melted butter, stirring just until no flour lumps are visible. Do not overmix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter onto prepared skillet by the quarter-cupful. When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, flip. Cook another minute or two until pancakes are browned on the other side.
Pumpkin Bisquick Pancakes
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
Sweet Potato Pancakes