A sprinkling of sea salt or kosher salt gives this chocolate matzoh that delightfully appealing sweet-and-salty taste. Try this recipe, and you'll see why it's one of my most-requested Passover treats.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Matzo Video Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Yield: 12-16 servings
- 3-4 boards matzoh
- 3/4 cup Passover margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the matzohs in the pan in a single layer, breaking them to fit if necessary.
- Heat the butter or margarine and brown sugar in a medium saucepan to a boil. Pour evenly over matzoh, spreading with a knife to make sure the matzoh is well covered.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until the caramel is a golden brown. Turn off the oven, and remove the matzoh.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the matzoh. Return the matzoh to the oven. Let it sit in the warm (turned off) oven for 2 minutes. Remove and spread the chocolate evenly with the back of a flat spatula or a knife. (I like to use a cookie spatula (compare prices).
- Top with nuts, if using. Sprinkle with kosher salt.