Serve any of these pasta dishes with fresh melon and/or a green salad, and you've got a light summer meal the whole family will enjoy.
Don't Miss: Spaghetti Recipes for Every Day of the Week
- Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce - Take advantage of summer's juiciest ripest tomatoes by making this outstanding pasta sauce. It also calls for zucchini and yellow squash, but feel free to substitute bell peppers if that's what you have on hand in your garden.
- Shrimp Pasta Recipe - A lemon butter sauce gives this shrimp and pasta dish a bright flavor that appeals to both kids and adults. To boost the nutritional value of this recipe, use whole wheat spaghetti or linguine instead of regular.
- Tortellini Recipe with Bacon and Peas - Although this recipe has a cream sauce, it's very light. Use a good-quality tortellini for this dish. It makes all the difference.
- Zucchini Lasagna Recipe - Turn that bumper crop of zucchini into this vegetable-rich lasagna that's perfect for Sunday family dinners. Sometimes I like to double this recipe and freeze one lasagna for later. It reminds me of summer.
- Pesto Pasta Recipe - This recipe is incredibly versatile. Use a store-bought or homemade basil pesto or kale pesto for this dish. And try adding cooked shrimp or chicken. Finally, you can make this with penne, rigatoni or even spaghetti or angel hair pasta. The possibilities are limited only to your imagination.
- Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe - Yes, fettuccine alfredo is a creamy, heavy pasta dish. But the addition of salmon adds nutrition, color and a bit of lightness to the classic recipe. And this version uses less cream and less cheese than the original. Feel free to use spaghetti for this recipe instead of fettuccine. It will taste just as good.
- Chili Mac Recipe for the Slow Cooker - Any time I can get away without turning on the oven in the summer, I'm happy. This slow cooker chili mac is an easy, kid-friendly recipe you'll find yourself making again and again.
- Sesame Noodles Recipe - You can serve this dish hot or cold. While the recipe is vegetarian, feel free to add cooked shredded chicken or pork to this dish to make it a heartier meal. Kids love the sweet-spicy flavor of these noodles.
Don't Miss: Easy Pasta Recipes the Kids Will Love