Don't Miss: Baked Tortellini Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 9 oz. packages refrigerated chicken, meat or sausage tortellini
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup milk (low-fat is okay)
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, partially-thawed
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (such as mozzarella, asiago and provolone)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish or a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions for al dente (the shortest cooking time listed on the package). Drain, and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and red peppers, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cream cheese cubes and milk, and stir until the cream cheese is melted. Add the spinach, and stir until it is no longer frozen (it doesn't have to be cooked through, but you don't want to see any big chunks of frozen spinach). The moisture from the spinach will help thin out the sauce.
- Add the chicken, and mix well. Add the tortellini, and stir until everything is well-combined. Pour the tortellini mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the casserole.
- Cover with foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake another 10-15 minutes until the casserole is golden and bubbly.