Don't Miss: Stuffed Shells
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings, stuffed shells
- 6 oz. jumbo pasta shells (half of a 12 oz. box)
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 large egg
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese (part-skim is okay)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian cheese blend (such as mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, etc.)
- Cook shells in boiling water according to package directions for "al dente" - don't overcook the shells, because they will continue to cook in the oven when stuffed. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the spinach between two paper towels, or wrap it in a kitchen towel, and wring out all the water. Add the spinach to a large mixing bowl. Add the egg, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and half of the shredded Italian cheese blend. Mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Fill a gallon-size plastic bag with the stuffed shells filling. Snip off one of the bottom corners. Pipe the filling into each shell, then set the shells on top of the spaghetti sauce. Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the stuffed shells. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the stuffed shells 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.