Although I call for cheese tortellini in this recipe, you can really use any type of tortellini you like. Spinach and ricotta would be nice. So would mushroom or meat or even chicken and prosciutto. In fact, using different kinds of gourmet tortellini is a great way to dress up this recipe for company.
Don't Miss: Baked Tortellini Recipe with Spinach
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 16 oz. cheese tortellini
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onions
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the rest. Place the tortellini in a serving bowl.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. of the bacon fat.
- Add the onions and garlic to the bacon fat, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Add the tomato paste, and stir well. Add the 1 cup of reserved pasta water and the heavy cream, and cook over medium-low heat until thickened.
- Add the peas, and cook another minute or two until warmed through. Pour the sauce over the tortellini. Crumble the bacon over top. Serve immediately.
Don't Miss: Pasta Recipes