Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 9 oz. packages refrigerated chicken, meat or sausage tortellini
- 12 oz. fresh baby spinach, divided
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups low-fat or regular milk
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (such as mozzarella, asiago and fontina)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish or 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread half of spinach in the bottom of the pan.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions for al dente (in other words, if it says 7-10 minutes, cook tortellini for 7 minutes). Drain. Pour over spinach in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds, stirring to prevent burning. Whisk in flour. Cook 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly. Whisk in milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cook sauce, whisking frequently, until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining spinach. Pour sauce over tortellini, tossing slightly to coat well. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over tortellini.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Don't Miss: Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe