Baked Ziti with SpinachThis baked ziti recipe is an easy and healthy baked pasta recipe, made with whole grain ziti and frozen spinach souffle. You can use your own homemade spaghetti sauce or sauce from a jar for this baked ziti recipe.
Don't Miss: Spinach Recipes the Kids Will Love
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 16 oz. whole grain ziti pasta
- 1 15 oz. container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 12 oz. package frozen spinach souffle, such as Stouffer's, thawed completely
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 4-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, sour cream, egg, Italian seasoning, the thawed spinach souffle and 1 cup of the Italian cheese blend.
- Spread 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in an even layer in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Top with half of the ziti, half of the ricotta cheese mixture and half of the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat layers. Sprinkle remaining cheese over spaghetti sauce. Cover with foil, and bake ziti 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake another 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let baked ziti rest 10 minutes before serving (this allows the ziti to firm up, so the cheese and juices won't run when you cut into it).
Don't Miss: Baked Ziti Recipe