Baked Ziti with SausageThis baked ziti is a great recipe for parties, potlucks and holidays, because it feeds a crowd. Although this baked ziti recipe calls for mild Italian sausage, feel free to use hot sausage if you like spicy food.
- 16 oz. ziti pasta
- 8 oz. mild Italian sausage, casings removed, chopped
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for "al dente." Drain.
- Brown sausage. Drain. Mix with 3 cups of the spaghetti sauce, the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Spread the remaining 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in a 9 x 13 pan. Top with half of the ziti. Top with half of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining ziti and remaining sausage mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Remove cover, and bake another 20-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let baked ziti rest 10 minutes before serving.
**Make Ahead Directions: Follow recipe through Step 4. Cover tightly with foil, and freeze. A day before you're ready to serve, thaw completely in the fridge overnight. Bake according to recipe directions.