Crock Pot Macaroni and CheeseI like to make this Crock Pot macaroni and cheese recipe when the kids have a lot of afternoon activities, and I know we're going to come home hungry. I throw everything in before we go, and when we get back, I just add a green salad, and dinner's ready.
The pepper jack cheese adds a hint of spiciness to this recipe, but because it cooks long and slow, it isn't too spicy. If your family really prefers mild food, just replace it with Monterey Jack cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- 1 13 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions for "al dente." Drain.
- Spray the inside of the Crock Pot stoneware with cooking spray. Add the macaroni, and remaining ingredients. Stir and cover. Cook on low 2-4 hours, checking after 2 hours to make sure macaroni and cheese isn't getting overcooked or sticking to the Crock Pot.