Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 1 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions for "al dente." Drain.
- Crumble sausage in a skillet. Brown until cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, sour cream, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in penne pasta, 3 cups of the spaghetti sauce and sausage.
- Spread the remaining cup of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with half of the the penne pasta mixture. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese over penne.
- Top with remaining penne pasta mixture, then remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, on middle rack 20-30 minutes until cheese is golden brown and penne pasta casserole is bubbly.
Makes 8-12 servings.