Recipe for Butternut Squash LasagnaThis butternut squash lasagna recipe is quicker and easier than many butternut squash lasagnas, because it is made with frozen pureed butternut squash.
This lasagna makes a great vegetarian meal or company-worthy dinner.
- 1 12 oz. package frozen butternut squash puree, thawed
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese (part-skim or whole milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, blend thawed butternut squash, ricotta cheese, eggs, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. When melted, whisk in flour, cooking several minutes until flour turns golden brown.
- Whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, 7-10 minutes. Remove the bechamel sauce from the heat.
- To assemble the lasagna, pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles, crosswise. Do not overlap noodles.
- Spread half of the butternut squash mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle one-third of the parmesan cheese over top. Top with 1 cup of the remaining bechamel sauce, then 3 more lasagna noodles.
- Repeat layers: first the rest of the butternut squash mixture, then one-third of the parmesan cheese, then another cup of the sauce and 3 more lasagna noodles.
- Finish off by pouring the remaining sauce over the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Lasagna RecipesButternut Squash Lasagna
Meat Lasagna Recipe
Pasta RecipesBaked Macaroni and Cheese
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Kentucky Hot Brown Pasta
Mac and Cheese with Bacon
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Pesto Pasta Recipe
Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Spaghetti Pizza Recipe