Stuffed Shells Recipe
This stuffed shells recipe is a nice vegetarian meal for kids. And it can be made ahead and frozen for later, too.
I like to serve these stuffed shells with Caesar salad and Italian bread.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 12 oz. box jumbo pasta shells
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 15 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente. Lay a sheet of waxed paper or plastic wrap over a baking sheet. Spread drained pasta on prepared sheet while you prepare the filling.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Stir in ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Spoon ricotta cheese mixture into a gallon-sized zipper-sealed plastic bag.
- Cut off the tip of one bottom corner of the plastic bag. Pipe filling into shells, and lay shells over the spaghetti sauce in the dish.
- Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over shells. Top with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.