Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
refrigeration time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- With an electric mixer, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together remaining ingredients. Add to peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Roll peanut butter cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Flatten with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern in the dough. Bake 12-15 minutes until cookies are just starting to brown.
See also: Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies