This peanut butter cookies recipe is reminiscent of the classic old-fashioned peanut butter cookies mom used to make. In order to get the right texture for these cookies, you need to chill the dough a good three hours. Also, check the cookies carefully while baking to make sure they aren't too brown. If they get too brown, the cookies will end up crispy, not chewy.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
refrigeration time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- With an electric mixer, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together remaining ingredients. Add to peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Roll peanut butter cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Flatten with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern in the dough. Bake 12-15 minutes until cookies are just starting to brown.
See also: Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies