Comfort Food Breakfasts:
Start the day with something hot and hearty. These satisfying breakfast recipes really hit the spot.
- Oatmeal Recipes - Forget those packets of instant oatmeal. These recipes are hot, hearty and loaded with flavor. My oatmeal with bananas, walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar is a family favorite. And the kids will adore my Crockpot oatmeal with apples and honey. Check out my 17 oatmeal topping ideas, too.
- Pancake Recipes for All Occasions - Pancakes are the breakfast of choice when my kids' have friends sleepover. And nothing is more comforting to them than one of my special recipes, like chocolate chip pancakes, pumpkin pancakes or pancakes with caramelized bananas.
- French Toast Recipes - If you're more of a French toast person than a pancake person, these recipes are for you. You'll find strawberry French toast casserole, nutella stuffed French toast and more.
Comforting Soup Recipes:
What could be more soul-soothing than a nice hot bowl of soup? To me, homemade chicken noodle soup or a rich and creamy broccoli soup is about as comforting as it gets!
- Best Chicken Soup Recipes - Choose from a classic chicken noodle soup, an Asian chicken soup, chicken tortilla soup or one of these other warming recipes. These soups are perfect for the winter. Make a big batch of one of these soups, and freeze it, so you'll have soup on hand when you're feeling ill.
- Baked Potato Soup with Natural Chicken Sausage - This hearty soup is like a meal in a bowl. Creamy and satisfying, this soup is rich with flavor.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe - Even broccoli-haters will adore this lush soup. Serve with a hunk of crusty bread.
Comfort Food Dinners:
These recipes are creamy, cheesy, rich and satisfying. They will warm your family from the inside out.
- Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipes - From a classic homemade mac and cheese to a rich lobster mac and cheese that will have them begging for me, this is what comfort food is all about.
- Best Meatloaf Recipes - For some people, meatloaf is ordinary Tuesday night fare. For others, it is comfort food at its best. These meatloaf recipes will have even the most jaded meatloaf-eater begging for more.
- Casserole Recipes - There is something about the casserole, often a retro blend of creamed soup, noodles or rice and some type of protein, that just seems comforting. Maybe it's the fact that casseroles remind us of childhood. Or maybe it's just the fact that they taste so darned good.
- Savory Pie Recipes - From a classic chicken pot pie to a hearty shepherds pie to a rich and creamy spinach quiche recipe, these savory pies are comfort food at its finest.
Comforting Side Dishes:
Comfort food side dishes are typically rich and creamy (think mashed potatoes). But they can also be soothing and just plain good. Try adding one of these comforting vegetables to your next meal.
- Colcannon - Unless you're Irish, chances are, you don't know what colcannon is. But once you try this incredible mixture of mashed potatoes, cabbage (or kale) and onions, you'll want to make it a regular part of your family's weekly repertoire.
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Garlic adds sweetness and zing to this creamy side dish that goes with everything from beef to chicken to fish.
- Roasted Potatoes Recipe - Real garlic and/or sliced onions would make a nice addition to this comforting recipe.
- Sweet Noodle Kugel Recipe - This sweet side dish makes a perfect accompaniment to brisket or roast chicken.
- Slow Cooker Creamed Spinach Recipe - Rich and creamy, this spinach dish is sure to be a hit with the kids.
This may seem a bit redundant. I suppose every dessert could be considered comfort food. But these recipes are particularly soul-warming.
- Rice Pudding Recipes - Warm and creamy, rice pudding is the very definition of great comfort food. These recipes include rice puddings that can be made in the slow cooker, on the stove or baked.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes - This classic dessert is so familiar, it's always comforting. When served warm with a glass of cold milk, these cookies are over-the-top good.
- Pie Recipes - This collection of pies includes classics, like apple pie, blueberry pie and chocolate pudding pie, plus recipes that are sure to become family favorites, like my natural coconut cream pie.
- Brownies They'll Go Crazy For - To me, there is nothing better than biting into a soft, chewy chocolate brownie. These recipes are melt-in-your-mouth good and sure to hit the spot when you're craving a comforting dessert.