Spinach Recipes for Kids Who Say They Won't Eat Spinach:
Some of these spinach recipes may not be the lowest in calories or the highest in nutritional value. But they're still better than potato chips. They're all homemade, and they all have plenty of vitamins and minerals.
Most importantly, these spinach recipes will get your kids used to eating the green stuff. Once they see how great spinach can taste, they'll add it to the regular food repertoire. And isn't that the goal, after all? A lifelong love of vegetables, not just getting the kids to choke down one bite?
Spinach Recipes for Breakfast:
- Green Smoothie Recipe - Fresh spinach is mixed with grapes and frozen pineapple in this emerald smoothie recipe.
- Spinach Strata - This is a great make ahead spinach recipe for special occasions. It's like a baked spinach French toast.
- Breakfast Pizza - Spinach is more of a garnish in this recipe, but it adds color. And it's a great way to get the kids to eat it!
Spinach Appetizer and Snack Recipes:
- Hot Spinach Dip Recipe - With bacon, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, this spinach dip is a delight for the taste buds.
- Spinach Balls Recipe - Frozen spinach is mixed with stuffing mix, cooked sausage and cheese in these little bites of spinach yumminess. And you can make these spinach balls in advance and freeze them. Whenever the kids get the munchies, take a few out and heat them up.
- Italian Bruschetta with Spinach Pesto - Don't let the fancy name fool you. This is really just garlic toast topped with a cheesy homemade pesto. My kids love this recipe!
Spinach Salad Recipes:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe - This spinach salad recipe is surprisingly sweet, thanks to the addition of fresh strawberries and glazed nuts.
- Mexican Salad Recipe - I don't even bother telling the kids this salad is made with fresh spinach instead of lettuce. I chop the spinach finely, so they don't notice, and it makes the salad an appetizing green color that looks great with the red peppers, black beans and corn in the salad.
- Spinach Salad Recipe - This is a classic spinach salad, made with fresh baby spinach, bacon, hard-boiled eggs and mushrooms. If your kids aren't fans of mushrooms or onions, leave them out.
Spinach Recipes That Make a Meal:
- Spinach Quiche Recipe - Frozen spinach is bathed in a cheesy custard then baked in a pie crust in this mouthwatering spinach recipe that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Spinach and Bacon - Spinach is tossed with macaroni, cheese and bacon in this delectable dish both kids and adults will enjoy.
- Stuffed Shells Recipe with Spinach and Ricotta Cheese - Pasta shells are filled with spinach and ricotta cheese, then topped with spaghetti sauce and more cheese in this hearty dinner recipe.
- Spinach Pesto Pizza Recipe - An easy homemade spinach pesto tops this mouthwatering pizza.
Beyond Spinach Recipes for Your Picky Eaters:
What else do you do to get your picky eaters to eat vegetables? Share your tips