Here are some terrific rhubarb recipes:
- Rhubarb Cake - This rhubarb coffee cake has a thick crumb topping, underneath which is a layer of rhubarb and a dense cake layer.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote - This is one of those simple, elegant recipes that is easy to prepare and can be used a thousand ways. Try this compote over pancakes, angel food cake or in a trifle or parfait.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Tart with Chocolate Crust - Strawberries and rhubarb are such a natural pairing, but add chocolate to the mix and you've got an exceptional dessert.
- Gingered Rhubarb Tart - A thin, sweetened cream cheese layer sits under a jeweled layer of gingery rhubarb in this delectable tart recipe.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie - This double crust pie is the quintessential way to enjoy fresh rhubarb. It goes great with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Rhubarb Ice Cream - Can't find rhubarb ice cream on the menu of your local ice cream store? Make it yourself! This recipe is a real winner.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe - The crunchy oatmeal topping is a perfect foil for the warm rhubarb and strawberry filling for this delectable crisp recipe.
For more ways to encourage kids to eat fruits and vegetables, check out my free email course on Coping with Picky Eaters.