Chocolate pecan pie is a favorite dessert in the South where it is often served at the Kentucky Derby. Similar to Kentucky chocolate chip pie, this pie tastes best when you let it rest for three to four hours before serving. For an extra decadent, touch, top this pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Don't Miss: Pecan Pie Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust, thawed according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs together until smooth.
- Beat in eggs.
- Beat in cooled butter and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust. Place on cookie sheet in the center rack of the oven. Bake 40-55 minutes until the top of the pie is golden brown and set, but the center still jiggles a bit when shaken.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool 2-3 hours. This is important, because the pie will firm up as it cools.
Don't Miss: Thanksgiving Pies