Pumpkin Streusel Pie Recipe
This pumpkin streusel pie recipe has a typical pumpkin pie filling, but what sets this pumpkin pie apart from other recipes is the crunchy streusel topping. A dollop of whipped cream is the ideal finish for this pumpkin streusel pie. A drizzle of caramel would also be a nice finish for this pumpkin pie.
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1-1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust, thawed according to package directions
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix pumpkin, half and half, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, cloves and salt together until smooth. Pour into pie shell.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pumpkin.
- Bake pumpkin pie 55-65 minutes on the center rack until a knife inserted two inches from the edge comes out mostly clean.
Makes 8 servings of pumpkin pie with streusel topping.