Don't Miss: Pumpkin Breads and Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, egg and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, pumpkin puree, oil, buttermilk, egg and spices together until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the remaining pumpkin batter. With a knife, cut through the batter to create a swirl effect.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
Don't Miss: Pumpkin Recipes