Don't Miss: Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 9 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Whisk together melted butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk. Add to butter mixture.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Stir into wet ingredients until well-incorporated, but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Don't Miss: Cornbread with Corn