Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan (compare prices or spray with cooking spray.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mash bananas. Add coconut oil and sugar to the bananas, and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating on low speed until well-incorporated, but do not overmix. Overmixing will yield a tough banana bread.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips. Pour coconut banana bread dough into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Don't Miss: Banana Muffins Recipe